Thursday, January 26, 2012

Writing a Rich Blog (Defending NASCAR)

If you haven't noticed, I like NASCAR.
Alot. I mean, it is almost sad about how much I like NASCAR. To most people, it seems that many people think of NASCAR as the redneck sport or as not even a sport. I have to defend my favorite sport, so I would typically say something about being stuck in a car, going around 180MPH,  at each turn having 700 to 800 lb of force onto you for 3 to possibly 4 hours. The redneck part is hard to defend, because it got their roots from cars driving away from police during the prohibition era with their moonshine or their bathtub liquor with them.

Now, a race can actually be considered a family event. It may be somewhat redneck, but how redneck can it be if it is the second most popular sport, only behind the NFL? Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment